Getting up early


It always seems to me that I have more time when I get up early. Early means 5 am or 6 am, rather 6 am.

The time for oneself must have priority. It's so easy to let time slip away. During the first hours of the day I'm usually fit and awake. They are the best hours for a most important person in my life: myself.

I gave my pain system time to reboot. I paused.
Back pain is almost forgotten. Almost. Sometimes when I make an awkward movement I feel a sudden pain in the lower back. But that's it.

I reboot my active life, too.
There will be time for Ashtanga yoga in the morning. Getting up earlier is the secret.

Oh my, this has been a bumpy road with that back pain during the last one and a half years. It was so frustrating, demotivating, sad.
We have to move if we don't want that life aggravates when getting older.

Our body and mind is worth every effort. It's a joy to have it when healthy, it becomes a burden when ill and injured and untrained.

I collect all my willpower and motivation to restart again with all my energy.

This man on the picture was far above 60. I talked to him on the beach between Tel Aviv and Jaffa this month. He performed acrobatic swings on that bar. He had so much joy doing it. Age is only an excuse.

I must alter my clothes when I want them to fit. I also must alter my practice to my needs. The alteration may not be huge. But I know that I will adjust the yoga practice. I know my body better and better. I learned about learning. I want this practice to be healthy and not overly ambitious. I want to challenge myself, I don't want to be bored, but it must be safe, too.

Let's keep practicing.


Post a Comment

0 Comments